Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I LEARNED QUICKBOOKS MIGHT NOT SUCK!

CPA Andrew writes: If you know me, you know that I dislike QuickBooks. For a variety of reasons.  What I learned this week is that I might be wrong. I’ve always known that I can be wrong, I’m wrong all the time. But I might be wrong about QuickBooks.
The new version of their online accounting software has been completely redesigned and the “test drive” I took was very cool.
It seems to me that QuickBooks just shifted their business to being an “eco-system” rather than a piece of software you use. This is a brilliant move on their part and all those other online software programs that I used to recommend should be scared, very scared. A couple high points, just from the few minutes I spent playing around with it:
-Mobile devices usage is awesome. It lets you fill spare moments with doing a little accounting work, instead of being idle. All those little moments add up to not much focused accounting work needing to be done, is my guess. A brilliant strategy and very reflective of the way people use their devices today.
-Linking up bank and credit card accounts in the background lets the computer gather the data for you to process. QuickBooks has had something like this for a while already, but it seems much more streamlined and easier to alter, making it is easier to start and stop that work, instead of having to find hours at a time to get accounting done.
-The “overdue” and “needs attention” warnings are awesome. By keeping small business owners (who by and large are accounting novices) focused on a couple issues, they can make meaningful impact on their business without knowing exactly how or why.
-Changing from a license billing model to a monthly fee model. This is the best part of the whole thing. Having the data in the cloud, with up to three simultaneous users (in the mid-tier version) eliminates the largest problem we have had with QuickBooks. They have really used all the best of currently available technology to really give the software a 21st century face lift.
All in all, I give this a solid thumbs up. I have talked a lot of Sh*t on Quickbooks and Intuit. This is me saying I was wrong, and BRAVO.
Look for more info on this later, as I start developing some guidebooks on how to run company on this software! I think this will be the backbone of how I tell business owners to run their business.
CPA Andrew Previously Wrote:   WHY QUICKBOOKS WILL ALWAYS BE SUBPAR

0 comments:

Post a Comment