Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Features of the New QuickBooks ProAdvisor Mobile App

Stacy Kildal for the Sleeter Group writes:   One of my favorite mobile apps is the Intuit Online Payroll (IOP) app. I can literally do payroll from anywhere I have access to the Internet, via Wi-Fi or cell service. However, this article isn’t for me to gush about the IOP app. It’s to tell you about the new QuickBooks ProAdvisor Mobile App for iPhone, which I just downloaded. For the most part, while it’s not life changing, I still love it for one simple reason. I’ll get to that reason, but first, let me give you some background, and then we’ll walk through a first-use experience together, shall we?

I used to love talking on the phone. With my sisters, my friends, even clients. Now? Not so much.

If you had told me a few years ago that I would end up being the type of person who doesn’t like to talk on the phone, I would have laughed and laughed and laughed at you. These days, I barely use my phone as a phone. I can almost run my entire business from it, and on occasion, I’ve had to do exactly that, albeit on a very short-term basis.
I mostly use text, email, and instant messaging to talk to everyone. I’ll still spend time on the phone when some sort of written communication just won’t work, but it’s pretty rare.

QuickBooks ProAdvisor Mobile App Availability

Just a note: I asked Intuit if the QuickBooks ProAdvisor Mobile App would be available for both traditional QuickBooks ProAdvisors as well as new Cloud ProAdvisors and was told the following:
“The current app is designed for traditional PAP [ProAdvisor Program] users as target audience, but as seen in the screenshots below, when a CPAP [Cloud ProAdvisor Program] user tries to log into it with their CPAP user ID and [password], they will be able to log in, but the experience will be a bit non-optimized; i.e., as seen in the pic below, their Membership tab will be empty, etc. What is that they can use from this app? They can use the Online Chat feature, but again the CPAP users will have a non-optimized experience. Yes, they can call the 888 number, but I believe that is a dedicated number for our traditional PAP users, and the CPAP support number is different, in which case the support agent will be transferring or guiding the CPAP user to another number to call.”

-SNIP- - The article continues, Please visit  visit the Sleeter Group / Click Here to continue reading.  

1 comment: