Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Has anyone tried using Xero for their accounting?

all 11 comments
[–]slurmz-mckenzie 8 points  ago
Use it every day in my job. It's probably the best accounting software I've ever used.
I've checked out other ones like saasu and wave accounting and xero is way better.
I did business at uni which included subjects on accounting but that was years ago. I found that xero was really easy to pick up and it spits out any reports you want. If you get the basics of book keeping down you could just hire a book keeper for end of year taxes etc.
If you've got any specific questions let me know
[–]smooviesmoove 2 points  ago
Thank you. Also interested in this. Anything that stands out in comparison to Wave, specifically. Also, looking for something that might let me 'tag' transactions - is that possible?
[–]sjc2154 1 point  ago
What about myob? Or is that used for something completely different?
[–]ElCapitanMarklar 5 points  ago
I use it, it's great and fairly cheap really.
Also my accountant can just jump in and do his thing which makes it super easy
[–]kiasyn 4 points  ago
I use xero for 4 or so businesses and it is fantastic
i also have a business advisor for assisting with the harder things
[–]Robertxo 4 points  ago
I've been given some great opportunities recently. One of these is a free subscription of Xero for as long as my company lasts.
I will be learning about the software on the 25th~ with an accountant, I'll tell you how I find using it! (My knowledge in accounting is 12th grade standard)
[–]zuccs 4 points  ago
Yep, use it daily. It's brilliant. Maybe an accountant can chip in to comment if it's suitable for a really complex setup, but otherwise I think it's great for most small to medium businesses.
[–]Jammb 2 points  ago
Another vote for Xero. I use it for my company and my wife is a book keeper and she uses it for all her clients. First thing she does when she gets a new one is migrate them off the turd that it MYOB which everyone uses for some reason!
[–]TheIdiotCEO 2 points  ago
I own one of the largest Canadian accounting and bookkeeping firms that uses Xero exclusively. It is undoubtedly the best small business accounting software on the market. Ignore the software itself - the real value lies in all the add-ons and integrations that can help streamline your various business processes.
Beyond the software, the people whom work there are absolutely incredible.
Fantastic company. Fantastic product. Enjoy.
[–]brimpton 2 points  ago
+1 for Xero. Used it for about 4 years. Found it very easy to use and it enabled me to take over the bookkeeping myself . My accountant just logs in to help with various tax returns and end of year accounts (I'm in the UK). My only gripe has been the credit card statement syncing not always working as expected (doubling up, or, on occasion, not working at all) but I think this was much more likely to be my CC company than Xero, and it was easily resolved.
[–]PriceZombie 1 point  ago
Accounting Made Simple: Accounting Explained in 100 Pages or Less
    Low  $7.79 Dec 12 2013
   High $13.09 Mar 09 2014
Current $12.69 Mar 18 2014

0 comments:

Post a Comment